What have you been doing to celebrate The Great Indoors?
Perhaps, trying not to go too crazy?
I just received my newest Close To My Heart Stamp Set in the mail and immediately got busy recreating the adorable vertical card in the photo above.
I love that this card can be easily replicated by using paper scraps from projects I’ve been working on recently. …Especially since I have a hard time throwing away any size piece of paper that finds it’s way through my paper trimmer! I’m always hoping that I will eventually put the pieces to good use, but rarely do. You know, kind of like when you purchase a pretty piece of paper and hide it away for that one special project that never happens. Do you ever do that? I do it all the time!
Anyways, once I recreated the card for myself, I decided that sharing the ‘how-to’ could be very beneficial to you too! So without much ado, here are the things you may want to know…
The Great Indoors Card Recipe:
- CC5217 – The Great Indoors Stamp Set
- D1887 – Strokes of an Artist
- Mix-in Paper Pack
- Blue Skies Paper
- Aurora Paper
- Sweet Leaf Cardstock
- White Daisy Cardstock
- Peach Ink Pad
- Sapphire Ink Pad
- Sweet Leaf Ink Pad
- Silver Shimmer Trim
- Bitty Sparkles
- Thin 3D Foam Tape
- White Cards & Envelopes
Background Paper Sizes from top to bottom:
- All cuts are 4″ wide by…
- .75″ Mix-in Paper
- .25 Sweet Leaf CS
- 4″ piece of Shimmer Trim
- .5″ Blue Skies Paper
- 1″ Mix-in Paper
- .5″ Mix-in Paper
- .25″ Sweet Leaf CS
- Mix-in Zip Strip
- Approx. .5″ gap
- .25″ Sweet Leaf CS
- .5″ Aurora Paper
- Adhere the background pieces to your card base as listed above.
- Cut out a 3.5″ White Daisy circle. I used my Cricut Maker to do this.
- Stamp (5) Heart House images onto a piece of White Daisy Cardstock and trim.
- (2) Lagoon
- (2) Peach
- (1) Sweet Leaf
- Stamp the sentiment onto the 3.5″ circle using Sapphire Ink.
- Using the 2nd generation technique, stamp a ‘highlight’ image from the Strokes of an Artist Stamp Set off on a piece of scratch paper before directly stamping it over the word Crazy.
- Adhere the Circle and Houses to the card with Thin 3D Foam Tape.
- Add (3) Bitty Sparkles to the Circle.
That’s it! A super easy card to create and recreate with paper scraps! …but why stop there?
Introducing: $5 Friday!
$5 Friday – The Great Indoors Card!
This adorable Card Kit includes everything you need to assemble 5 cards in about 5 minutes!
This week I am offering The Great Indoors Card, designed above, as a Kit! The Kit is pre-cut & pre-stamped so that you can easily assemble 5 cards in about 5 minutes for just $5…while supplies last.
Comments or Questions? Please leave a comment below. I love hearing from my blog readers!