Fall in love with Baby Love | RECIPE
Baby Love is absolutely the best! And, I love that this beautiful Hillside Cottage Collection has helped me capture the very first meeting between this beautiful baby boy and his very proud Papa. <3
When I first started putting this layout together, the only thing on my mind was pattern mixing. I literally didn’t have a theme in mind, I just kept laying patterns next to each other to see which ones were the most pleasing to the eye. I would even start glueing things down only to rip them back up later – Oy! …Of course, I’ve never claimed to be the most efficient paper-crafter. I just do what I do until I like what I see.
The other thing on my mind was that I wanted to use the new Hillside Cottage Cricut Shapes. Unfortunately, I had started working on this layout almost a month prior to the Cricut release date. That made me shelf my progress for a while, but not before I discovered that I had enough paper leftover from the pack to create the same layout in pink! Woop! Woop! …And that’s how my ‘Baby Love’ boy/girl layouts were born.
Provided is a visual link of the products I used to create the layouts (above). When you click on a link, a new browser window/tab will open up for easy shopping on my Close To My Heart Website.
*Also, please note that you will want to purchase (2) Mix-in Paper Packs to create these layouts as-is.
Have questions about the ingredients listed above? Please be sure to Contact Me so I can help.
Also, if you haven’t signed up for my Close To My Heart VIP Program yet, NOW IS THE TIME! Why pay full price on your Crafting supplies if you don’t have to?
Instead of listing a detailed recipe of the sizes of papers you will need to create this design, I’m going to refer you to the Make It From Your Heart Volume 5 how-to book. This book is a MUST-HAVE if you love Pattern / Sketches and includes:
- (5) single page patterns
- (15) double page layouts
- (10) card patterns
For this layout I used Pattern #10 on pages 24 & 25.
* Binder sold separately.
As for the details, I’m going to try and keep it as easy as possible.
- Use the MIFYH Vol. 5 How-To Book – Pattern 10 – for all of your paper layering and placement.
- You will need to purchase the Hillside Cottage Cricut Collection in order to cut the pieces needed for these layouts.
- Here is the link to my Cricut Cut File.
- Other than that, let me point out a few things of interest…
- Use a Journal Pen to draw a line above the Zip Strip layered onto piece B & K.
- On the left page, I used the Alphabet Stamp Set to record the birth date.
- Using Canary Ink I stamped the Polka Dot image from the Background Stamps onto the Flowers.
- Use 3D Foam Dots to pop up all Cricut pieces.
- TIP: I cut some of the small dots in half for use on the words.
- Embellish around the Flowers with Gold Gems.
Be sure to keep checking back for more fabulous Paper Recipes coming your way often!