This week I wanted to play with the Desserts a la Whirl Stamp set so I created this Donut Forget Card. Isn’t it sweet? It’s also super easy to make.
Everyone knows that I’m a Cupcake & Coffee lover. I usually go to Starbucks, especially now that it’s .9 miles from my house. But it may surprise you to hear that my recent drink of choice has been a Trenta Black Sweetened Tea. It’s something that lasts me practically all day!
As far as Cupcakes go, I’m all about vanilla cupcakes with pink frosting. No particular reason, other than they truly make me happy.
Here are my top 3 favorite Cupcake shops:
- Cupcake Royale – The Dance Party Cupcake is my favorite! I usually visit the West Seattle location when I go. Plus, their marketing theme is spot-on funny!
- Saint Cupcake – I’ll admit that I haven’t been there in YEARS but this is the place I would take my girls every Saturday while they were growing up. Their Red Velvet is so YUM! But it’s their seasonal flavors that are really the best!
- Chucks Produce – Yep, a local grocery store. They have amazing cupcakes for being a large retail location. They also have great soups if you need a quick lunch before you dive into the sweets.
This week I didn’t really know where I wanted to start, other than with this Template I made…
Next, I thought it would be fun to grab just one sheet of patterned paper and use both sides of it to create my card.
After looking through some Stamps Sets that I have sitting on my craft desk, I decided to do something with the Desserts a la Whirl Set and the rest is history.
Provided is a visual link of the products I used to create the cute card (above). When you click on a link, a new browser window/tab will open up for easy shopping on my Close To My Heart Website.
Have questions about the ingredients listed above? Please be sure to Contact Me so I can help.
- PRETTY PAPERS:
- Floral – 4.25″ x 5.5″
- Vertical Stipres – 2 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Espresso Cardstock
- 2.5″ x 4.25″
- 1/8″ x 1″
- Flamingo Cardstock
- (2) – 4″ x .5″
- Lagoon Cardstock
- 4″ x .5″
- 1.5″ x .5″
- French Vanilla Cardstock
- 2.5″ x 6.25″
- Espresso Cardstock
- (7) Bitty Sparkles
- Attach the Floral paper to the card Base.
- Stamp words in Black onto the (3) 4″ x .5″ pieces of Flamingo and Lagoon Cardstock. Attach to the Card.
- Adhere the Striped paper to the Espresso Cardstock and attach to the Card Center with Foam Dots.
- Cut out the Donut, Cupcake and Coffee Cup. Stamp in Black Ink. Color. Don’t forget to stamp some Sprinkles onto the Donut with Lagoon Ink!
- Attach the Cupcake directly to the Card. Use Thin Foam Dots to pop up the Donut and Coffee Cup.
- Stamp a sentiment onto the 1.5″ x .5″ Lagoon Cardstock, leaving room to Dovetail the left side.
- Tuck the tiny Espresso Cardstock ‘stick’ behind the Cupcake, as shown. Attach the Lagoon Cardstock to the ‘stick’ using Foam Dots.
- Embellish with Bitty Sparkles.
See, super simple! I think the most time consuming part will be the coloring, but even then it’s not bad.
Be sure to keep checking back for more fabulous Paper Recipes coming your way often! And don’t forget to sign-up for my Newsletter to be the first to hear about everything crafty and fun! <3