Pumpkin Pie Gatefold Card | RECIPE
Let me show you how to create a Gatefold Card…
This week, I received a request to teach on how to make a Gatefold Card. While it may come as a surprise that I’ve never actually made one before, I didn’t want to disappoint so I got busy researching. Here’s what I came up with…
What is the definition of a Gatefold Card?
A Gatefold Card is when each side of the card folds inwards toward a middle point. Sounds simple enough!
I used the ‘Sweeter than Pumpkin Pie’ Stamp image which is a single stamp image featured in Close To My Heart’s 2021 September/October Seasonal Idea Book on page 35.
Provided is a visual list of the products used to create the cute card (shown). When you click on a link, a new browser window will open up. This makes it easier to shop my Close To My Heart Website for the items you need.
Have questions about the ingredients listed above? Please be sure to Contact Me so I can help.
While there are different methods for creating the flaps of the Gatefold Card, I tried to simplify the instructions as much as I could. I chose to have my flaps meet in the middle, as opposed to having one side bigger than the other. It’s just a matter of scoring the right side of your card a little deeper and playing with mathematics.
Another choice in methods is to use a scoring tool and scoring board, or the scoring blade that sometimes comes with a new paper trimmer …which is what I decided to use.
- First, you will need a 5.5″ x 8.5″ piece of Paprika Cardstock. This will be your base.
- With the lighter side of the Cardstock facing towards you, use a scoring blade to score your first line at 2-3/16″. Then give your Cardstock two quarter turns and score at 2-3/16″ again. Gently fold in your flaps.
- Adhere a 2″ x 5″-3/8″ piece of Pretty Paper to each flap.
- Next, layer a 1-7/8″ x 1-7/8″ French Vanilla Cardstock square onto a 2″ x 2″ Shortbread Cardstock square. Layer that square onto a 2.25″ x 2.25″ Papaya Cardstock square.
- Using Intense Black Ink, stamp the image onto the center square from step 4. Color with Markers.
- Affix two small 3D Foam Dots on the back left side of the square and one onto the left flap of the card next to the center seam.
- Embellish with Gold Embellishing Thread and a Gold Glitter Gem as shown.
Be sure to keep checking back for more fabulous Paper-Crafting Recipes coming your way each Friday! And don’t forget to sign-up for my Newsletter to be the first to hear about everything crafty and fun! <3