Happy Birthday Cupcake Card
Happiness is only a Cupcake away. – unknown
When your daughter celebrates a birthday, you create her a cute Happy Birthday Cupcake Card! That’s what I did and she even told me it was cute – a pretty awesome complement if I do say so myself.
As I began to create this card, I decided to grab the first pinkish color of pretty paper I saw. This became my starting point. Next, I leafed through a Close To My Heart How-to Book for a pattern to follow. Then, I rummaged through some current Stamp Sets for some cute images. Easy peasy.
Provided is a visual list of the products used to create the cute card (shown). When you click on a link, a new browser window will open up. This makes it easier to shop my Close To My Heart Website for the items you need.
Have questions about the ingredients listed above? Please be sure to Contact Me so I can help.
Are you a CTMH VIP Yet?
- Attach a 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of pretty paper to the card front.
- Cut (8) 1.25″ x 1.25″ squares. I used…
– (4) pretty papers and
– (4) Peach Cardstock pieces, half being the lighter side of the Cardstock.
- To create the Cupcake, cut (3) Thin Cut pieces:
– (1) with the pretty paper
– (2) in White Daisy Cardstock.
Stamp the Cupcake with Intense Black Ink.
- Trim the Frosting off of the top of the pretty paper piece, and the Wrapper off one White Daisy Cardstock piece.
- Using Pewter Ink, stamp a pattern onto the Wrapper using one of the patterns from the Alphabet Set.
- Use the TriBlend Marker to color in a few areas of the Frosting.
- Assemble the Cupcake and attach to the card using 3D Foam Tape.
- Stamp ‘Birthday’ onto a piece of 4″ x .75″ White Daisy Cardstock with Pewter Ink. Attach over the bottom of the Cupcake using 3D foam Tape.
- Loop the Silver Embellishing Thread onto a large Glue Dot. Tuck it under the left side of the Cupcake.
- Ink up the ‘Wishing you a’ Banner in Pewter Ink and stamp it off onto a scratch sheet of paper. Do not rein. Simply stamp it off onto a small piece White Daisy Cardstock. This is called 2nd Generation Stamping. Trim the White Daisy Cardstock piece with Scissors and attach to left side of the Cupcake with regular adhesive.
- Stamp ‘Happy’ from the Cupcake Stamp Set onto a scrap piece of Peach Cardstock, leaving enough room to dovetail the left side. Attach to the Card.
- Embellish with Silver Glitter Gems.
Be sure to keep checking back for more fabulous Paper-Crafting Recipes coming your way each Friday! And don’t forget to sign-up for my Newsletter to be the first to hear about everything crafty and fun! <3