Happy Camper | RECIPE
Are you a Happy Camper?
“I’m a Happy Camper when I’m with you.” – Wander Cardmaking Quote from CTMH
This week, while I was playing with the Wander Collection from Close To My Heart, I decided to create something other than a standard 4.25″ x 5.5″ card. So, I turned to the ‘Slimline’ Card, which has been very popular this past year, or so. It was definitely fun to create something outside of my comfort zone and it really didn’t take a lot of time to put together. I’m sure there are so many ways you could dress this card up, but sometimes simple is best and that was my goal with this card.
As I go on to talk about the ingredients and the assembly, I’ll be sure to share a few of my thoughts on the Thin Cut dies I used. This will help give you a better understanding if you would like to purchase the Stamp Set with or without the extras. So lets get started…
Provided is a visual list of the products used to create the cute card (shown left). When you click on a link, a new browser window will open up for easy shopping on my Close To My Heart Website.
Also, as you can see in the list below, I have listed BOTH the stand-alone Stamp Set and it’s Thin Cuts option. Simply choose the one you would prefer to have in your collection. No need to get both!
Have questions about the ingredients listed above? Please be sure to Contact Me so I can help.
Are you a CTMH VIP Yet? The Close To My Heart VIP Customer Program is your chance to earn shopping credit on your CTMH purchases and get access to exclusive products and perks!
Join TODAY and receive a free gift from me!
- Cut a 2.25″ x 8.5″ piece of pretty paper and adhere it to the left side of the 3.5″ x 8.5″ base.
- You will also want to cut a 1″ x 8.5″ piece of pretty paper and a .25″ x 8.5″ piece of Cardstock. Adhere to base.
- For the Mountains, I used the Wander Cardmaking Stamp Set with Thin Cuts and then stamped the Mountains in Paprika Ink. Stager the 2 Mountains and adhere directly to the card.
TIP: For this card, you do not need to use the Thin Cuts. If you have another project you need the Thin Cuts for, I say go for it. What I found is that I didn’t like how my Mountains turned out when using the Thin Cuts. It was easier just to stamp them and then cut them out by hand.
- Stamp your sentiment in Black ink onto the 2.75″ x 1.5″ piece of White Daisy Cardstock and adhere to a piece of Cardstock measuring 2-7/8″ x 1.75″ before adhering to the card with Foam Dots.
- Add three small Black Dots.
Be sure to keep checking back for more fabulous Paper-Crafting Recipes coming your way each Friday! And don’t forget to sign-up for my Newsletter to be the first to hear about everything crafty and fun! <3