Let me show you how to create this cute ‘Ho Ho Ho’ Card!
Can you hear the Ho Ho Ho of the Holidays in the air yet? I definitely see it in the stores already, and every year we all complain that it seems to arrive earlier and earlier. While it seems odd to see Christmas decorations in the stores before Halloween is over, maybe it’s really to help kick the humbug outta people like me? Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas… but I love Thanksgiving so much better. But I digress…
I purchased this cute Santa Stamp as soon as I saw it back in August. But then, almost 2 months later, I still hadn’t used it. …Needless to say, I’m good at that! So, I wanted to be sure to make a point of playing with it before I move on to items from a brand new Seasonal Idea Book in just a few days!
This project works with Close To My Heart’s adorable Santa Stamp which can be found on page 43 of the 2021 September/October Seasonal Idea Book.
Provided is a visual list of the products used to create the card shown. When you click on a link, a new browser window will open up. This makes it easier to shop my Close To My Heart Website for the items you need to create this project.
Have questions about the ingredients listed above? Please be sure to Contact Me so I can help.
- Use the Ink Spotting Technique below, along with the Candied Apple Distress Oxide Ink and Blending Tool, to create a spot of color on a 2-7/8″ x 2-7/8″ piece of White Daisy Cardstock. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp Santa onto a scrap piece of White Daisy Cardstock using Intense Black Ink. Trim. Use a Q-tip to dab at his nose with Candied Apple Distress Oxide Ink and the Red Shimmer Brush to carefully color his Hat. Set aside to dry.
- Attach a 4″ x 5.25″ piece of pretty Paper to the card Base.
- Stamp ‘Ho Ho Ho’ onto a 4.25″ x .5″ pice of White Daisy Cardstock. Drag the edges through Intense Black Ink before attaching to a 4.25″ x 5/8″piece of Candy Apple Cardstock. Attach to card approximately 1″ up from the bottom.
- Attach a 3″ x 3″ piece of Candy Apple Cardstock to the card, leaving approximately 3/4″ around three sides.
- Drag the edges of the White Daisy Cardstock from step 1 in Intense Black Ink. Attach to Cardstock in step 5.
- Color Santa’s face, ears and nose with TriBlend Markers. Don’t forget to add a little shadowing to his beard and mouth area before attaching to the Ink Spot with a Foam Dot.
- Attach a piece of Black DMC Floss, Ribbon, etc. to the card above ‘Ho Ho Ho’.
- Embellish the card with (3) small Black Dots.
Be sure to keep checking back for more fabulous Paper-Crafting Recipes coming your way each Friday! And don’t forget to sign-up for my Newsletter to be the first to hear about everything crafty and fun! <3