Ooh La La Macarons | RECIPE
Let me show you how to create this sweet ‘Macarons’ Card!
Before we get started on today’s card, did you know that some Costco locations are selling heart-shaped Macarons just in time for Valentine’s Day this year? Seeing these immediately made me think of the adorable Ooh La La Macarons Stamp Set that I received with my Close To My Heart virtual convention bundle this past summer. I may need to go back to Costco and pick up a box or three to gift to my girls for Valentine’s Day. The perfect opportunity to try something new and to make an adorable coordinating card, too!
This week’s card doesn’t actually use any cardstock in the suggested color palette, other than Black. It’s super simple to create and should only take about 15 minutes in total to complete because of the coloring. There is also a little bit of shimmer just above and below the filling of each Macaron, but the photo really doesn’t do it justice.
I used this trio of colors to create the card shown…
Did you miss last week’s Color Combo? You can check it out HERE.
4.25″ x 5.5″ Macarons Card (Horizontal)
Ohh La La Macarons Stamp Set + Thin Cuts, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Intense Black Ink Pad, Ballerina Ink Pad, Pale Pink TriBlend Marker, Gold Brown TriBlend Marker, Light Yellow TriBlend Marker, Gold Glitter Gems, Silver Embellishing Thread, Clear Shimmer Brush, 3D Foam Dots, White Cards & Envelopes, Glue Dots, Sponge Daubers
- Daub the edges of the card front with Ballerina Ink.
- Using the Thin Cuts, cut out three stacks of Macarons on White Daisy Cardstock.
- Stamp the Macaron image onto the three stacks with Intense Black Ink.
- Color each stack of Macarons with TriBlend Markers before adhering to the card front. I used Foam Dots to lift the middle stack for depth.
- Stamp ‘Ooh La La’ onto a .5″ tall piece of White Daisy Cardstock. Dovetail each end.
- Affix the piece from step 5 to a piece of Black Cardstock so that a tiny edge shows. Trim the edges around the dovetails before adhere to the card with Foam Dots.
- Wind a piece of Silver Embellishing Thread onto a Glue Dot. Carefully remove the Glue Dot from it’s backing and tuck under the card sentiment.
- Embellish with three small Gold Glitter Gems.
Simply use the colors highlighted to create a Card or Scrapbook Page of your very own.
Don’t forget to tag me on Social Media @Stampinbuds because I love to be inspired by your creativity too!