How often do you scrapbook the Masculine side of your family?
Being that my family is predominantly made up of girls, the answer for me is… “Not very often.” However, when a really eye-pleasing Masculine Paper Collection comes along, I try my best to create something fun with it…
…And can I just say that I’m in love with the way it turned out?
Since this Hey Handsome Collection from Close To My Heart screams MASCULINE to me, I thought it could be fun to pair it with some faux Polaroid pictures for a vintage feel. Something classic with a hint of nostalgia.
Next, while I haven’t chosen the photos for my layout yet, my plan is to add photos of my Dad that best represent the words under each photo. I’m also thinking that black & white photos will really balance everything out and do it justice. After all, I don’t want the layout to come across as too busy.
- Hey Handsome Paper + Stickers
- Coordinating Cardstock
– or – (2) Black, (2) White Daisy, (1) Harbour, (1) Paprika
- Hey Handsome Scrapbooking Stamp + Thin Cuts
– also available as a stand-alone Stamp Set
- Acrylic Shapes
- Inks: Black, Paprika, Rosemary
- 3D Foam Tape
- 2″ x 2″ squares – 5 patterns spread among a total of 40 squares
- Black CS – 9″ square
- Harbour CS – (7) 3.25″ x 4″ photo mats
- Paprika CS – 3.25″ x 4″ journal mat, (7) .5″ x 1″ dovetailed banner pieces
- White Daisy CS – 8.5″ square, 3″ x 3.75″ journal box
- (2) Zip strips
When it comes to the journaling lines on my layout, I used an image from a retired stamp set. However, journaling lines can easily be created with a ruler and pen. Simply determine the width you need for your journaling spot and then practice making a couple of lines on a piece of scratch paper.
If you have any questions about this layout, please feel free to ask. Happy creating my friend!
As a reminder, the CTMH Hey Handsome Collection is only available on my Close To My Heart Website through June 30, 2023 – or while supplies last.