There’s been a lot of people asking how to make this Gorgeous card in Close To My Heart’s newest Holiday Expressions Idea Book. I’m so thankful to the Close To My Heart Art Department for releasing the instructions for us to create it too.
September Paper Garden Stamp of the Month Card
This card is actually pretty simple to make, no special training required. It’s a fun easy technique that will add detail to solid images.
1. Stamp your image onto Whisper Cardstock using Whisper Ink.
2. Use Watercolor paints and a Paintbrush set to “paint over” the stamped image. It’s good to practice first until you find which brush works best for you.
3. Paint should be the consistency of buttermilk – not too wet or too dry. I mixed the colors in the handy palette top. Brush paint on using quick strokes to avoid “bleeding” (If your paint is too wet it will run or “bleed “.) Layer the paint colors onto the flowers by starting with the lightest color area (centers on small flowers or upper edge on large flower).
4. Next paint the flower petals with chosen color getting consecutively darker toward the flower base. I painted five different colors on the large flower. The smaller flowers only need simple shading, 2-3 color layers depending on size. It’s easy to graduate colors by just mixing in a darker shade.
5. When you’ve completed the “painting” heat set to dry completely. Next use a permanent marker (I used a size 3) to outline part of the edges on the flowers, and leaves. Since there are no lines just be creative here. See photo.