Last week I introduced you to my OLW (One Little Word) – reDesign – and my new ‘Wildcard Wednesday’ Journal Prompt program. This week, I’m excited to share my very first scrapbook page of the series with you!
Is this not the most perfect paper for me to tell MY story? Close To My Heart’s new ‘Gimme Some Sugar’ paper has rosebuds to represent my 17 wonderful years as a Stampin’ Buds Team Leader. It also has ‘Baker’ items to represent my new married name! This paper pack is simply delicious and couldn’t be any more perfect, even if it tried. <3
The first question I prompted asked… What’s your New Year’s Resolution? I couldn’t just prompt and forget, so I answered by creating this opening page for my very own All About Me album.
My OLW + a Journal Prompt = Creativity in 2018!
Starting out, I began by looking at some of Close To My Heart’s ‘How-to’ Books for a bit of design inspiration and then altered it to fit my needs. Ultimately, I decided on the Half & Half – Simple Frames design in the Reflections How-to Book on page 90. I chose this design because I knew, in my head, that I wanted to create a split page layout to fully encompass my OLW – reDesign.
The more I played, the more everything took shape! I busted out my Cricut, some Thin Cuts, sponge daubers, photos and more! I even did some pull-top Journal boxes so that I could write my personal reDesign goals for the year. In a nutshell, I want to reDesign things like my interior surroundings, my health, my creative space and my interactions with creativity, business and beyond.
This week’s Scrapbook Page Recipe…
- Gimme Some Sugar Paper Pack, Complements & Cork Shapes
- Cardstock: Heather – Juniper – Bashful – White Daisy
- Ink Pads: Heather – Peacock – Bashful
- Reflections How-to Book
- Cricut Flower Market Collection (as well as some computer fonts)
- Jennifer’s Hand Stamp Set
- Thin Cuts Block Alphabet
- Embellishments: Basics Ribbon Pack – White Twine – Clear Sparkles – Bitty Sparkles – White Shimmer Trim
- Bashful Shimmer Brush
- Sponge Daubers
- Adhesive Runner – Mini Glue Dots – Micro Glue Dots – 3D Foam Tape – Thin 3D Foam Tape
- Paper Trimmer & Non-Stick Micro-tip Scissors
- Stamp Scrubber & Spritz Cleaner
- Various My Acrylix Block sizes
Have questions or comments about this Scrapbook page or anything Close To My Heart? I can’t help! Please be sure to leave me a message. I love being helpful.