Just how adorable is this Party Girl in her little black, paper-pieced dress? So cute! Which is why I can’t wait to share all of the creative details with you.
I began with week with this off-the-top-of-my-head creation that mixes Stamping, Coloring and (the dreaded) ‘fussy cutting’ Technique to create something simple-ish. It’s really not that hard, especially if you enjoy fussy cutting, like I do.
For those of you that don’t know what ‘fussy cutting’ is, it’s the simple act of cutting around an image with a pair of scissors. In this case, we will be cutting around some features of the Party Girl along with her Cat.
Provided is a visual link of the products used to create the Card (above). When you click on a link, a new browser window/tab will open up for easy shopping on my Close To My Heart Website.
Also, as you can see in the list below, this Stamp Set is ONLY available in the Party Girl bundle. Be sure to download the Workshop Guide in order to make the most out of the entire bundle.
Have questions about the ingredients listed above? Please be sure to Contact Me so I can help.
Also, if you haven’t signed up for my Close To My Heart VIP Program yet, NOW IS THE TIME! Why pay full price on your Crafting supplies if you don’t have to!
- PRETTY PAPERS:
- Polka Dots – 2.25″ x 3.75″
- Stars & Sparklers
- Red & White Striped – 3″ x 5.25″
- Black Cardstock
- 4.25″ x 5.5″
- Sundance Cardstock
- 1″ x 2″
- 1.5″ x 1.5″
- French Vanilla Cardstock
- .75″ x 2.25″
- 2.75″ x 5.25
- Black Cardstock
- Bitty Sparkles
Now that you have everything you need, let’s get to the good stuff – the CREATING!
- Adhere the Black Cardstock to the White Card Base.
- Tear .5″ off of the Red & White Striped paper. Adhere as shown.
- Stamp the Party Girl onto the 2.75″ x 5.25″ Vanilla Cream Cardstock using Intense Black Ink. Trim.
- Use a TriBlend Marker to color the Skin of the girl. I used Fair Skin Blend – light.
- Stamp the Party Dress onto the Polka Dot paper and trim as close to the line as possible. Adhere to the girl.
- Using Intense Black Ink, stamp the Hair and the Shoes onto the 1″ x 2″ Sundance Cardstock. Trim as close to the line as possible. Adhere to the girl.
- Use the Coral Shades – Dark TriBlend Marker to color the Belt, Ribbon and underside of the Shoes.
- Using a scrap piece of French Vanilla CS, stamp the drink. Color as shown and adhere to the underside of the hand.
- Stamp ‘Celebrate’ onto the .75″ x 2.25″ piece of French Vanilla Cardstock. Adhere to the 7/8″ x 2.5″ piece of Sundance Cardstock, before adhering to the card.
- Use 3D Foam Dots to attach the Party Girl to the front of the card.
- Stamp the Cat onto a 1.5″ x 1.5″ piece of Sundance Cardstock. Trim. Adhere to the card after coloring the bow with the Coral Shades – Dark TriBlend Marker. I also used a touch of Jade Green – Dark to color the eyes of the cat.
- Add (5) Bitty Sparkles to the hair, hand and around the glass.
Be sure to keep checking back for more fabulous Paper Recipes coming your way! See you soon!