Let me show you how to easily create this ‘Pumpkin Everything’ Card!
The leaves here in the Pacific Northwest have started their rapid change which means it’s truly time for Pumpkin Everything. This also means that my time with Close To My Heart’s Pumpkin Spice Collection will be coming to an end on October 31st …unless of course I majorly stock up. Hmmm! Now there’s a thought!
For this card I wanted to highlight a technique that I would like to start embracing a little more often in my projects – Spotting with inks. Basically this is where you ink up a blending tool and rub it around in a circular motion on your paper to add some extra oomph to your design. Sounds easy and fun, right?
This project works with Close To My Heart’s Pumpkin Spice Collection, the ‘We Love Fall’ Stamp Set, and the Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink Pad.
Provided is a visual list of the products used to create the card shown. When you click on a link, a new browser window will open up. This makes it easier to shop my Close To My Heart Website for the items you need to create this project.
Have questions about the ingredients listed above? Please be sure to Contact Me so I can help.
- Using a Blending Tool and the Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink Pad, apply the Spotting Technique to the front of the card base. Let dry.
- In the meantime, find 5 small scrap pieces of pretty paper and cut them down to the following sizes:
1.25″ x 2″
.75″ x 1.5″
.75″ x 1.25″
1″ x 2.25″
1″ x 2″
- Dovetail one side of each of the pieces in Step 2. Attach to the card 3″ down from the top.
- Attach a 4.25″ x .5″ piece of pretty paper along the top the pieces in Step 3. A ‘Zip Strip’ works great for this!
- Cut a piece of Gold Shimmer Trim so that it measures 4.25″ in length. Then cut it in half lengthwise and apply one of the strips above the piece in Step 4.
- Once your Oxide Ink is dry, stamp ‘Pumpkin Everything’ on to of the spot with Intense Black Ink.
- Add a couple of Gold Gems for decoration.
Be sure to keep checking back for more fabulous Paper-Crafting Recipes coming your way each Friday! And don’t forget to sign-up for my Newsletter to be the first to hear about everything crafty and fun! <3