Spooky Season Card | RECIPE
Let me show you how to create this ‘Spooky Season’ Card!
With Halloween just a few weeks away I thought it would be fun to create a simple Spooky Season card and feature the 2nd Generation Stamping Technique.
For those of you that have never tried 2nd Generation Stamping, I have created a short HOW-TO video for your convenience. Before we get to the video, however, let’s find out what the definition of 2nd Generation Stamping is…
2nd Generation Stamping is a technique used to show color variations on a project, such as I did with the stars. It can also be used to show depth, such as I did with the pumpkins.
For this project I decided to work with the Boo Crew Collection, particularly the stamp set and the nectarine gingham paper. I also brought in a little black cardstock to help enhance the overall theme of Halloween.
Provided is a visual list of the products used to create the cute card shown above. When you click on a link, a new browser window will open up. This makes it easier to shop my Close To My Heart Website for the items you need to create this project.
Have questions about the ingredients listed above? Please be sure to Contact Me so I can help.
- Attach the 4.25″ x 2.75″ piece of Gingham paper to the bottom of the card.
- Using Black Ink and the 2nd Generation Stamping Technique, stamp the Star on the upper portion of the card.
- Attach a 4.25″ piece of Black Shimmer Trim above the Gingham paper, as shown.
- Stamp ‘Spooky Season’ onto a 3.75″ x .75″ piece of Nectarine Cardstock and Dovetail each end.
- Attach Nectarine piece to a 4″ x 1″ piece of Black Cardstock and Dovetail each end.
- Wrap some Gold Embellishing Thread around the Black piece several times, securing on the back. Use Foam Dots to secure to card.
- Using Nectarine Ink and the 2nd Generation Stamping Technique, stamp the Pumpkins on a 2.5″ x 1.75″ piece of White Daisy Cardstock. Dovetail the left side.
- Attach White Daisy piece to a 2.75 x 2″ piece of Black Cardstock. Dovetail the left side. Attach to card bottom, as shown.
- Using Black Ink and the 2nd Generation Stamping Technique, stamp the Pumpkin Face onto the light Pumpkin.
- Stamp the Star in Black Ink onto the darker Pumpkin.
- Create ‘loops’ of Gold Embellishing Thread before attaching to the Sentiment Piece and the Pumpkins, as shown.
- Attach (1) Gold Glitter Gems to the lighter pumpkin and the (2) large Gems to the darker Pumpkin and the Sentiment.
Be sure to keep checking back for more fabulous Paper-Crafting Recipes coming your way each Friday! And don’t forget to sign-up for my Newsletter to be the first to hear about everything crafty and fun! <3