It’s Week #2 of my Story 52 journey with Stacy Julian and I’m 2 for 2 in the creating department. Right on! Plus, as mentioned in my Week #1 post, I asked Rafe to deal me my weekly cards. Here’s what he dealt me…
- Places to remember.
- Sketch it out.
My Story 52 Week 2 thought process:
My immediate thought was, “I’ll just choose some Disney memorabilia. Easy-peasy!” But when Rafe handed me an unused fast-pass for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, I was a bit underwhelmed. I already did a Big Thunder Mountain Scrapbook Layout a few years back, so the thought of trying to top it left me feeling a bit meh. So, I decided to look through a couple of boxes in my StampinBuds Studio to see if I could find anything interesting.
Fortunately, I came across a concert ticket for Train. While the actual ticket wasn’t a part of the Studio J layout I did several years ago… (below)
I decided the ticket would make a worthy piece of memorabilia for my Week #2 mission. I could even focus on a photo that had been taken during the concert by lead singer, Pat Monahan.
* For those that don’t know anything about Studio J, it was Close To My Heart’s awesome Digital Scrapbooking Program that combined current paper patterns with 12″ x 12″ digital printing. Unfortunately, the cost to keep it running was pretty astronomical and while so many of us loved it, the company ultimately retired the program and went back to traditional papercrafting, which I love more anyways.
The pieces have started falling into place!
Once I figured out the place I wanted to remember (Train Concert) and a piece of memorabilia (concert ticket), all I need to do was write up a tribute (favorite song titles) and use a sketch for the actual design. Through a little bit of trial and error, I decided to just create my own design by moving elements around my page until things fell into place. Hopefully that’s not considered breaking the rules – lol.
My finished layout…
Part of the creative process included trying to decide on a flattering color scheme. By whipping out my CTMH Cardstock color ring, I took the time to lay each color against the photo I wanted to use and ultimately chose 4 colors to work with… Sangria, Desert Rose, Peach and Almond.
The other thing I wanted to do was narrow down some of my favorite Train songs as my tribute. Here are just 5 of the songs I picked, in no particular order…
- February Stamp of the Month
- (1) sheet of Pretty Mix-in Paper
- I used a pattern from the CTMH Retired Mix-in pack #X9019
- (2) sheets from Bloom with Grace
- (5) sheets Cardstock:
- Ink Pads:
- Gold Glitter Gems
- Paper Trimmer
- Cricut Maker
- Corner Rounder
Have questions? Please feel free to leave your comments in the comment section below. Until next week, stay healthy and creative my friend!