Winter Hello Card
Let me show you how to create this cute ‘Winter Hello’ Card!
Isn’t the penguin on this Winter Hello card super cute? The funny thing is… I wasn’t originally going to purchase this stamp set… *jaw drop!* There were simply other sets in the Close To My Heart Seasonal Idea Book that caught my eye first. However, after seeing something my mom made with fabric, I simply couldn’t resist the temptation of not having this stamp set for my very own.
If you didn’t already know, my mom is a quilter and loves fabric as much as I love paper. One day she decided to make something called a ‘Mug Rug’ which is basically just a super catchy name for a coaster to set your coffee mug on. Brilliant!
After seeing how cute it turned out (left), I decided that I needed to immediately place an order for the super cute stamp set so that we could be matchy-matchy! …You know, just in case my mom decides to go crazy and make a bunch I’ll be able to make a cute handmade card to go along with each.
While she hasn’t made hordes of these (yet), hopefully she’ll make a few for next Christmas.
The Stamp Set bundle used to create this card is called ‘If Snowflakes were Kisses’ and is featured in Close To My Heart’s 2021 November/December Seasonal Idea Book on page 14. It features 16 images and 6 coordinating Thin Cut die-cuts.
Provided is a visual list of the products used to create the card shown. When you click on a link, a new browser window will open up. This makes it easier to shop my Close To My Heart Website for the items needed to create this project.
Have questions about the ingredients listed above? Please be sure to Contact Me so I can help.
- Apply the Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide Ink with a Blending Tool using a circular motion onto a 2.75″ x 2.25″ piece of White Daisy Cardstock. Set aside to dry.
- Attach a 5.5″ x 2.5″ piece of Pretty Paper onto the card base .25″ up from the bottom.
- Place a 5.5″ x 1″ piece of pretty Paper directly above the piece in step 2.
- Using Glue Dots, attach a 5.5″ piece of Ribbon onto the card, as shown.
- Draw a border line around the edge of the White Daisy Cardstock piece from step 1. Attach to a 3″ x 2.5″ piece of Silver Foil Cardstock before attaching to the card front with Thin Foam Dots.
- Stamp the Penguin image onto a 2.25″ x 2.25″ piece of White Daisy Cardstock using Intense Black Ink. Trim and attach to the card using Thin Foam Dots. Color with TriBlend Markers. I used light & dark for the Ice Grey color.
- Stamp the sentiment onto 1.5″ x .5″ piece of White Daisy Cardstock. Dovetail the right side. Edge the piece using the light Ice Grey TriBlend Marker before attaching to the card. I used a Thin 3D Foam Dot to secure the right side of the sentiment piece to the card.
- Tie a small knot into a piece of Ribbon and attach to the card with a Glue Dot.
- Embellish with (3) clear Sparkles.
Did you know that I provide a FREE Printable version of this project to my VIPs each week? Yep! And it’s just one of the many perks I offer and they’re all loving it! So, be sure to click the VIP Link to check out the details of how you can start saving on all of your Close To My Heart purchases. The extra perks I offer (such as the gift upon joining, birthday surprise, VIP FB Group, etc.) are just the icing on the cake!
Also, be sure to keep checking back for more fabulous Paper-Crafting Recipes coming your way each Friday! And don’t forget to sign-up for my Newsletter to be the first to hear about everything crafty and fun! <3